Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tomato-Peanut Soup


Rain, rain go away!  Lately, we have had some terrible storms run through Virginia Beach and nothing is more comforting than soup.  Tomato soup is one of my best childhood food memories, along with a grilled cheese for dipping.  I really wanted to try something different to liven up the old stand by, especially since I was omitting the beloved grilled cheese. What could be better than throwing some curry and peanut butter in an otherwise classic soup?! 

The Tomato-Peanut Soup recipe is so easy and so fast.  An immersion blender is a must have for the kitchen and this soup.  It makes it a one pot wonder.  If you don't have one run out and get one now...i am serious, GO!  I didn't have the creme fraiche or sour cream but I do think it would have been a great addition.  The chopped peanuts, celery leaves and cilantro are critical.  Peanuts add a great crunchy component and the celery leaves really bring out the vegetable base of the soup.  I highly recommend this soup when your looking for something to not only warm your belly but to warm your senses with spice and rich peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment